The proper care of your wig will keep it looking new. Most women prefer to have more than one wig, not only to alternate hairstyles, but to allow time for cleaning and drying. The frequency of washing depends on factors such as air quality and humidity. Generally, a wig should be washed after it has been worn 8 – 12 times, but this can vary.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR HUMAN HAIR WIG?
- Before washing, gently brush the wig thoroughly with a wig brush. For wigs with a tight curl, do not brush, use fingers and gently remove tangles.
- Use a mild shampoo. In a sink or basin, add a small amount of shampoo to cold water. Turn wig inside out and immerse. Gently swirl and let soak for approximately 5 minutes.
- Rinse the wig gently in cold water until all of the shampoo is removed. Rinse twice.
- If you want to have silky and shiny wig’s hair, use hair balsam.
- Gently apply conditioner through the wig and leave on for 2 minutes to allow it to penetrate the hair.
- Rinse the wig gently in cold water until all of the conditioner is removed.
- Wrap the wig in a towel and gently pat out excess water.
- Optional: Apply conditioning spray very lightly over wig, spraying 10 – 12 inches from the wig.
- Place clean wig on a wig stand and allow to air dry thoroughly before brushing or combing. Do not allow the wig to dry in direct sunlight.